We've put together a super simple protein brownie recipe for you to try at home. This recipe is vegan but you can add either our Vegan protein blend or our Chocolate Whey Concentrate to increase the protein content.
To make this recipe simple we're only using 5 ingredients but you can of course get creative!
2 (200 g) very ripe bananas
1/4 cup (80 mL) unsweetened apple puree (applesauce)
1/2 cup (60 g) cocoa powder
2 tbsp (30 g) dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the bananas, apple puree, cocoa powder and protein powder in a blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Prepare a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray then spoon in the batter from the blender. It will be very thick so this takes a bit of work. Use a spoon to spread it out so it’s flat and even.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate chips on top.
- Place them in the oven. After a few minutes, remove and use the back of a spoon to spread the melted chocolate chips. Place back in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. They’ll seem under done when you take them out but once they cool, they’ll be good to go.
- Let cool in the pan then slice into 8 squares.
- You can keep your brownies in the fridge to make them softer and gooier
- The riper the banana the sweeter it will be but you're fine to use normal bananas
- Replacing the apple puree with more bananas can work too, just make sure its sweet enough!