If your breakfast is getting too familiar or you're looking for a healthy snack during the day then we have a great recipe for you.
These blueberry muffins are high in protein and taste amazing. You can even spread some peanut butter onto them for those who are looking for a higher protein, muscle building kick.
We've chosen Blueberries since they taste great in muffins but they are also rich in nutrients and antioxidants. A super food fruit, ideal for breakfast and snacking.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C.
- Spray 9 cups of your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray), or use paper liners.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a glass mixing bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl seperately
- Add the greek yogurt, egg whites and vanilla into the bowl with the almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill 9 wells of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool before removing from tin and serving. Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to one week. Eat cold or reheat in the toaster over before serving.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
The Supreme Nutrition Team