We're always looking for a way to satisfy our sweet tooth in the healthiest way possible! So.. We've created a tasty low carb weight loss waffle recipe for you to try. This recipe uses our Vanilla Diet Whey for increased protein and the weight loss benefits in our Diet Whey blend. The key is to improving our diet on the journey to weight loss, by substituting high sugar breakfasts for something like our waffles you can help move your body into a calorie deficit (the key to losing weight).
If you don't have a waffle iron then don't worry, you can just use a grill pan for the same results...
- 130g white whole wheat flour
- 1 Serving of Diet Whey Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
*Almond milk: You might need to add a splash more of almond milk as your batter sits out because it may thicken due to the protein powder, just add as you feel necessary.
- Begin by preheating your waffle iron or grill pan to medium heat.
- Next, in a large bowl, mix together eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Then, add in flour, protein powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Finally, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Once waffle maker or grill pan is completely heated, lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray (coconut oil cooking spray a great option for this) on both sides. Then, pour about 150m of batter onto waffle maker, close, and flip. Let cook for about 1 and ½ to 2 minutes. Flip waffle maker and open. If it needs a little be more time to cook, close and flip over, let cook for about 20-30 seconds longer.
- Use non-stick tongs to remove waffle from iron.
That's it! You can use a grill pan for these waffles easy enough. You need to keep your eye on it but it still works all the same!
You'll get 4 big waffles out of this mix that you can leave to cool and freeze or just eat right there and then. Depending on how healthy you're feeling here's some examples of toppings you can add to your waffles:
- nut butter
- maple syrup
- hemp hearts
- fresh berries
Serving Size: 1 waffle
The Supreme Nutrition Team