Our Salted Caramel Protein is one of our most popular flavours and comes in both Whey Concentrate and Diet Whey. It tastes amazing, so why not add it to recipes?!
With that in mind, we've created a healthy protein cookie recipe for you to try, you can go for a chocolate flavour instead but we think it tastes even better with our Salted Caramel.
As a note, there are some ingredients that you may have to go to the shop for, you can substitute them but it may not be as healthy or have the same nutritional values that we outline below.
10g of Protein, under 200 calories a cookie. Guilt-free perfection!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: ~ 11 Minutes
- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 Scoop chocolate or salted caramel whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- optional: 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Notes On Ingredients:
1. Use an all natural drippy peanut butter. One thats runny and oily is going to best. You can also swap this out for any other nut butter, no problem!
2. We're using coconut palm sugar, this is a healthy sugar alternative with a lower glycemic index. This means no sugar spike so it's much healthier for you. You can swap it out for normal sugar if you're keen to get baking!
3. For the protein, the more you add the higher the protein content (of course). However, too much will make it a little crumbly. We recommend going for one scoop. We have added whey concentrate but you can swap for Diet Whey for a leaner mix, or Whey Isolate for higher protein, lower fat cookie.
4. Go for unsweetened cocoa powder!
- First, preheat oven to 180ºC and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl, add in all of the ingredients and mix. You should have a consistency similar to cookie dough. If it is crumbly, this is a sign your peanut butter is not drippy enough and we recommend adding 1-2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil to loosen it up
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Flatten cookie dough between your palms creating a cookie shape and place on baking sheet. Note that your cookies won’t expand a lot, so flattening is important.
- Optionally place mini chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan so that the protein cookies can set. If you remove them too soon, they may break in half.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
The beauty of these cookies is that they can be stored. They will last around a week in the fridge or if you put them in the freezer you'll get 3 months out of them!
Good luck, let us know how you get on!
The Supreme Nutrition Team