In our effort to bring you quick and easy snacks that you can nibble on guilt free throughout the day, we've been working on a protein bar recipe.
The below recipe is a version of our own that you can make at home nice and easy!
- 300g of Rolled Oats
- 1 Serving (2) scoops of Whey Protein*
- 200g Smooth Almond Butter - Can use any nut or seed butter
- 200ml of Honey or a sweetener (maple syrup, brown rice syrup)
- 1 tbsp liquid of choice **
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
*Depending on the flavour you prefer, we would recommend Vanilla or Chocolate to keep things simple. Salted Caramel is also a great option if you're wanting something different!
** Milk is your best bet but any alternative works too
- Line a 10 x 10-inch pan with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your gluten-free rolled oats with your protein powder and mix well. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine your almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice) with your honey (or sticky sweetener of choice) and melt until combined.
- Add your wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. If needed, add some liquid of choice to form a thick batter.
- Pour your no bake protein bar batter into the lined pan and press firmly in place. Melt your chocolate chips and drizzle over the top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm. Slice into 25 bars.
The beauty of these bars is they can last for up to two weeks in the fridge and they're only 80 calories a serving. The ideal snack if you're asking us!
The Supreme Nutrition Team