Notice how your protein shake tastes even better when cold? We started experimenting after wondering what it would be like frozen? It turns out that it tastes amazing and its so easy you can go into the kitchen and try this right now!
Depending on your goals you can interchange some of these ingredients for ones that best suit you. Such as Whey Concentrate instead of Diet Whey.
You won’t need too much for this recipe:
- 150g Greek Yoghurt*
- 3 tbsp of Honey**
- 1 Serving of Diet Whey Protein***
- 350g Of Your Chosen Frozen Fruit (Mangoes, Forest Fruits, Apples, Blueberry Pineapple Choice is yours!)
*You can opt for low fat greek yoghurt if you prefer
** Honey is there just to sweeten and thicken things up - its a healthier option than refined sugar
The method is super easy, we promise!
1. Add the ingredients to a blender or food processor and get blending until smooth
2. Add into a tupperware container or baking tin and freeze for a couple of hours
3. It will probably be quite hard when you take it out so leave it for a little while so that it doesn’t bend your spoon! By that point you should be good to start eating…
Now this depends on the kind of yoghurt and protein you use. The below is based on your standard greek yoghurt and our Diet Whey protein. For frozen fruits here’s our nutritional info per serving:
Protein: ~ 10g
Carbs: ~ 22g
Fat: ~ 4g
The Supreme Nutrition Team